Linux Implementation Proposal: Client Response Memo
Hide Assignment Information
Faster Computing was impressed with your presentation. The company is interested in moving forward with the project, but the senior management team has responded to the presentation with the following questions and concerns:
(12.3.2: Describe the implementation of controls.)
• How will security be implemented in the Linux systems—both workstations and servers?
(10.1.2: Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs.)
• End users have expressed some concern about completing their day-to-day tasks on Linux. How would activities such as web browsing work? How would they work with their previous Microsoft Office files?
(12.4.1: Document how IT controls are monitored.)
• The current Windows administrators are unsure about administering Linux systems. How are common tasks, such as process monitoring and management, handled in Linux? How does logging work? Do we have event logs like we do in Windows?
(2.3.2: Incorporate relevant evidence to support the position.)
• Some folks in IT raised questions about the Linux flavor that was recommended. They would like to see comparisons between your recommendation and a couple of other popular options. What makes your recommendation the best option?
(10.1.3: Define the specifications of the required technologies.)
• How does software installation work on Linux? Can we use existing Windows software?
• How can Linux work together with the systems that will continue to run Windows? How will we share files between the different system types?
The deliverable for this phase of the project is a memo. There is no minimum or maximum page requirement, but all of the questions must be fully answered with sufficient detail. The recommended format is to respond to the questions in a bulleted format. Provide sufficient detail to fully address the questions. You must cite at least two quality sources.
(1.2.3: Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension.)
Create a memorandum template with a header of your own design or choosing, brief introduction, addresses Faster Computing, Inc’s questions, and summarizes your position on adopting the specific version of Linux.
(1.4.3: Write concise and logical sentences in standard academic English that clarify relationships among concepts and ideas.)
Your memorandum should not include spelling or grammatical errors. Any Linux commands must be displayed in lower case. Information technology acronyms (e.g., SSH or FTP) should be explained for the reader.
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
In writing a clear and concise memo in response to senior management queries, you are demonstrating your communication skills, technical expertise, and responsiveness to customer/client needs and concerns.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
• 1.2.3: Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension.
• 1.4.3: Write concise and logical sentences in standard academic English that clarify relationships among concepts and ideas.
• 2.3.2: Incorporate relevant evidence to support the position.
• 10.1.2: Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs.
• 10.1.3: Define the specifications of the required technologies.
• 12.3.2: Describe the implementation of controls.
• 12.4.1: Document how IT controls are monitored.